I have a bold confession to make: I JUST recently watched all of the Star Wars movies for the first time. The horror! Please don’t lightsaber me to death. I’m not sure why. I think it’s because for many years I just likened Star Wars to Star Trek and I never really enjoyed Star Trek that much so I didn’t think I was missing out on anything. I had to watch them all so I could prepare myself for a private screening of the latest installment: Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
I must admit, I’ve been geeking out a bit since that movie, BUT nobody can compare to Yoda who I miss dearly! I believe that even if you weren’t a fan of the former episodes, you’re going to love this one. I was so tickled, I had to find some movie trivia, so here are some fun facts and secrets about the Star Wars movies you may not know. CAUTION: THERE MAY BE A SPOILER OR TWO ABOUT THE NEW MOVIE!
1. Harrison Ford was hired by accident!
2. Orson Welles was almost hired as Darth Vader
3. George Lucas wanted Yoda to win an Oscar
4. Obi-Won almost returned from the dead in Return of the Jedi
5. R2-D2 was originally supposed to speak English
6. Luke Skywalker’s original name in A New Hope was Luke Starkiller, but what isn’t as widely known is that it took forever for the name to be changed.
7. Tatooine Sets Built In 1977 In Tunisia Are Still Standing
8. The real Darth Vader is, sadly, not able to attend conventions due to an ongoing fued between David Prowse and Lucas.
9. “I have a bad feeling about this” is spoken in every film and most books
10. There is a disco themed Star Wars song! Yes, it’s true. Check it out below.
11. All of the clones in “Attack of the Clones” are CGI
12. Alex Guinness HATED Star Wars.
13. A small island in the Pacific called Niue accepts Star Wars coins as real cash.
14. Paul Walker almost played Anakin in Attack of the Clones.
15. Mark Hamill had suffered a car accident right before filming for ‘A New Hope’ wrapped in which he needed facial surgery
16. Initially, theaters didn’t want to show the movie because they thought it would bomb during the crowded summer movie slate. Ironic!
17. Daniel Craig, (aka James Bond) makes an appearance as a stormtrooper in the new Stars Wars: The Force Awakens
Do you have any more Star Wars secrets you’d like to add!? Are you a huge Star Wars fan? If so, did any of these come as a surprise to you?